Quick Guide to Getting Started with Brink's Business Expense
2. Fill in the details about you (Business Owner/Primary Account Holder) and your business
Signing up will only take a few minutes provided we obtain accurate information about you and your business!
Funding Your Account
Method 1: Instant Account Verification
1. Go to the Funds tab > Click to connect a bank under the Brink's Transfer Icon
2. Search for your credit union or banking institution
3. Enter your online banking credentials to complete the verification process
Note: Most major banking institutions support instant bank account verification. If your bank does not support it, you will need to use the Deposit Verification method.
Method 2: Deposit Verification
1. Navigate to the Funds tab > Click to connect a bank > Connect your bank via micro deposit verification
2. Enter your bank's routing number and account number to link the account
3. In 1-2 business days, check your bank account activity for 2 small deposits from Brink's
4. Once the deposit has been made, navigate to the Funds tab > Verify Account > Enter the two deposit amounts
5. If the amounts are a match, your bank account will be successfully verified
Note: The account being linked must permit ACH debit transfers out of the account, otherwise transfers initiated from this account will fail.
Creating and Adding Cards
Employee cards can be assigned to specific individuals within your business. Brink's cards eliminate the need for employees to submit expense reports, thereby trimming down the tedious and time-consuming process of tracking receipts and reimbursements.
Brink's also allows you to configure spend controls/limits for each card to easily track and monitor business expenses.
When a card is assigned to an employee, they can activate their own card and set a PIN. They can also upload receipts for their transactions, check their spend balance and activity, and view the card controls set on their card.
A few fields are required for a card to be issued to an employee, they are:
- Full name
- Date of birth
- Phone number
- Email address* (optional)
* Email address is required if you wish to grant your employees access to the Brink's mobile app.
Utility cards can be assigned to specific needs of a business, such as office supplies, gas, and other general expenses. These cards do not require any individual's information to be associated with the card and will not have web app or mobile app access. Thus, utility cardholders cannot upload receipts, view their transactions, or check their spend balance or card controls.
Note: Brink's cards are printed and delivered to your business address within 7-10 business days. Each cardholder will need to provide personal information to verify their identity in order to activate their card.
2. Provide the person's first and last name, their date of birth, their email and phone number. You will also have the option to create a card for this person
Admins can be granted specific permissions to view and/or manage certain aspects of the Brink's account. This option is fitting for someone that helps you manage your business operations and expenses, such as an Assistant, Accountant, or Bookkeeper.
Save Time and Money with Brink's Business Expense
Relax and enjoy the ease of Brink's real-time controls and transparency on your expenses. Brink's makes sure that your employees will have access to the funds that they need - according to the limits that you set for your business's bottom line.